Application examples for Stamped Metal Components
- Electrical connectors are generally Stamped, plated on the reel. The OEM will trim the connector of the carrier strip and integrate the connector (reel to reel stamping). Due to the small size and thus small progression connectors are often high speed stamped (High Speed Stamping up to 1500 SPM)
- Leaf Springs can be used to maintains physical contact between components and eliminate rattle or transfer a current.
- Clips are similar to a leaf spring but have the additional function of retention (pen clip).
- Buss Bars are used to distribute current in battery banks distribution box and switch boards.
- Hinges are stamped and the bearing surface is rolled.
- Relay Caps, Washers, Seal Retainers, Sheet Metal Brackets, Buckles and EMI Shields are just some examples of stamped metal components.
- Heat Sinks can be stamped a application that we support quite often Materials are usually Copper or Aluminum.
- Laminations of stamped sheet metal parts is a cost effective method to get to a thickness that exceeds stamping ratios.